Upcoming Quilt Shows
Quilt Canada June 14 – 17, 2017 – Toronto, Ontario – for more information click here
Thunder Bay Baggage Building Arts Centre – 3rd Annual Quilt Exhibition
January 14th – February 20th
The Baggage Building Arts Centre (BBAC) invites all Quilt Artists to submit for our 3rd Quilt Exhibition. This is an open call to Thunder Bay and regional Quilt Artists to submit quilted items including small wall hangings to large bed quilts and everything in between.
Submission Deadline: December 16th, 2016
- Each person/group may submit multiple pieces, the pieces chosen will depend on space availability we will take at least one piece from each quilter/group
- Submissions including the following information may be sent email to email@example.com
- An image of the work
- Quilter’s Name/Names/Group Name
- Contact email and phone #
- Title or Name of the Quilt
- Type of design/pattern/materials
- Price or “Not For Sale”
- Quilters will be notified by email on or before Dec 20th of the selected pieces
The Exhibition will be curated and hung by the BBAC
Each quilted piece must have a label pinned to the back of the quilt with the following info:
- Name/Title of the quilt, Type of quilt design, Quilter’s Name, size, Price or not for sale.
Quilts may be priced for sale or marked not for sale, the BBAC takes a 20% commission on all sales be sure to price accordingly. All quilting must be finished and ready for display, please be sure the quilted work is clean, crease free and that all loose threads have been removed
Quilts must be ready for hanging, this may be achieved by:
- having a 3″ cotton pocket pinned to the back of the quilt along the top edge, the BBAC will supply the hanging rod
- bringing the quilted piece with its own pocket & rod
Drop Off Dates:
- Saturday, January 8 ——- 12 noon – 4 pm
- Tuesday, January 10 ——-11:00 am-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 11 ——- 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Pick Up Dates:
- Tuesday, February 21 ——– 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 22 ——– 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
If drop off or pick up times do not work with your schedule please contact me closer to the date to make other arrangements.
Angie at the BBAC – (807) 684-2063
The Trunk is Thunder Bay’s new Arts and Culture web portal, connecting the City’s cultural community. The Guild has been added as an organization, please consider creating your own profile and help make quilting and other fibre arts more visible in Thunder Bay!
Create a free profile at http://www.thetrunk.org/
Wendy Currie’s Quilting and Life – http://wendysquilting.wordpress.com/
Peggy Skillen’s Sew, Rip, Sew – http://gramsquilting.blogspot.co
OR become our friend on Facebook
Amish Country – a link for some beautiful gardens in the shape/colour of quilt blocks.
Miss Rosie’s Quilts – a recommendation from Luci
The Quilt Show – Laura Peterson Quilts – a great website to inspire us for our quilt show
Kathy Quilts.com – the Grace Hoop was the featured hoop shown at the April meeting.
You Tube video – ‘Not Your Grandmother’s Tumbling Blocks’ -Marci Baker demonstrates how to make strip pieced tumbling blocks.
Free Motion Quilting Project – Leah Day’s 365 project of free-motion quilting – it will inspire you to try it!
Paper Piecing – How To: Quilters Cache
Dragon Fly Fabric – Jennifer Boese (nee Boegh) was born and raised in Thunder Bay and now lives in Hinton Alberta. She runs an on-line show in Alberta that specializes in modern quilting and craft fabric.
Our Neighbouring Guilds
Sunset Country Quilters – Dryden – www.sunsetcountryquilters.com
Cabin County Quilt Guild – Fort Frances – is looking to grow, with prospective members – read about this group in an article in the Fort Frances Times, October 2012