Following the fabulous success of our challenge for the 2015 Quilt Show, we present the 2017 Quilt Show Challenge:
A Celebration of the 150th Anniversary of Canada
In 2017 Canada will celebrate its 150th Anniversary. Our Quilt Show Challenge will be centered on this theme. Northcott Fabrics has graciously donated 3 bolts of fabric from a collection that celebrates Canada. These fabrics will be available to Challenge Participants at the June 2016 meeting. More details will follow but here are some highlights:
- Create a wall hanging or quilt that can be hung. The quilt must be quilted.
- Maximum dimensions 36” x 36”.
- Must use 3 fabrics provided in the front of the quilt, not including the binding.
- Only use upto 3 additional fabrics to create your original design.
- Participants are encouraged to create an original design.
- $5 cash required to “purchase” your Fat Quarter Bundle. $5 will be returned if you hand in a completed challenge quilt.
Get your creative juices flowing and help us to celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary.
These are the fabrics that Northcott has donated. Circle of Friends Quilt Shoppe will carry companion prints.