May 24 – 25, 2019
It’s not too early to begin thinking about what quilt you will want to show! See you then.
Every two years the Thunder Bay Quilters’ Guild hosts a quilt show. Superior Quilts 2019 will be on (not the long weekend). During this show we will have classes by the quest quilter, demos, challenges, good food, vendors, sale items and of course all those gorgeous quilts.
Our guest quilter is Jennifer Houlden and Vicky Butt will be showing samples of the classes available. There has been a big interest in vendors for this show and once we have the registrations back we will announce the vendors. Sharon is presently working to secure the caterer for the social/trunk show and tickets will be available starting January 2019. I hope you are all working on your quilts, challenge and items for the guild booth.
Following the fabulous success of our challenge for the 2017 Quilt Show, we present the
2019 Quilt Show Challenge
Spring has Sprung!
Join your fellow guild members in celebrating the arrival of spring
Our quilt show in 2019 will be held when flowers are blooming and birds are happily nesting. The long winter will be over and the grass will be green. Help us to welcome spring by creating a challenge quilt to celebrate the arrival of spring in Thunder Bay. Northcott Fabrics has graciously donated 3 bolts of fabric for our challenge. These fabrics will be available to Challenge Participants at the March and April 2018 meetings. More details will follow but here are some highlights:
- Create a wall hanging or quilt that can be hung. The quilt must be quilted.
- Maximum dimensions 36” x 36”.
- Must use 3 fabrics provided in the front of the quilt, not including the binding.
- The 3 challenge fabrics must be prominent in the quilt.
- Only use upto 3 additional fabrics to create your original design.
- Participants are encouraged to create an original design.
- $5 cash required to purchase a Fat Eighth Bundle. $10 cash required to purchase a Fat Quarter Bundle.
There will be a limited number of Fat Quarter and Fat Eighth bundles brought to each meeting.
Bundles will ONLY be sold at the break. It will be on a first come, first served basis. For more information click here.
Plans are already under way and there are many ideas that will be shared to stalk our Guild Booth. If you have any ideas for more bring them to the meeting. For those items which have patterns that we can share, they will be posted here. For any other information please contact Cindy.
Some ideas shares already:
- Nylon Scrubbies
- Pot Holders – with the heat reflecting batting
- ‘Taggies’ small quilts – shown by Pat Inch
- Bags of Scraps – medium or large ZipLock bags – fabric must be 100% good quilting cotton
- Bags of Yarn – any leftover yarn? bag them in Ziplock bags with a label (eg. 100% wool, 100% acrylic, etc)
- Apple MugRug/Coaster – pattern link share at the October meeting
The Committee Chairs are as follows:
Ellen – venue and caterer
Vicky – guest quilter
Sharon – banquet
Mary Catharine – quilt display
Jeannette – vendors
Adrienne – quilt challenge
Ginny Strey – treasurer
Maureen – printing
Christina – demos
Cindy – guild booth
Laura – quilt registration
Lee & Marlene – advertising
Cathy & Linda – volunteers
Give them a round of applause as the quilt show would not be happening without them!