The Thunder Bay Quilt Guild will be hosting their bi-annual quilt show in April 2019. It’s not too early to begin thinking about what quilt you will want to show! See you then.
Following the fabulous success of our challenge for the 2017 Quilt Show, we present the 2019 Quilt Show Challenge:
Spring has Sprung!
Join your fellow guild members in celebrating the arrival of spring
Our quilt show in 2019 will be held when flowers are blooming and birds are happily nesting. The long winter will be over and the grass will be green. Help us to welcome spring by creating a challenge quilt to celebrate the arrival of spring in Thunder Bay. Northcott Fabrics has graciously donated 3 bolts of fabric for our challenge. These fabrics will be available to Challenge Participants at the March and April 2018 meetings. More details will follow but here are some highlights:
- Create a wall hanging or quilt that can be hung. The quilt must be quilted.
- Maximum dimensions 36” x 36”.
- Must use 3 fabrics provided in the front of the quilt, not including the binding.
- The 3 challenge fabrics must be prominent in the quilt.
- Only use upto 3 additional fabrics to create your original design.
- Participants are encouraged to create an original design.
- $5 cash required to purchase a Fat Eighth Bundle. $10 cash required to purchase a Fat Quarter Bundle.
There will be a limited number of Fat Quarter and Fat Eighth bundles brought to each meeting.
Bundles will ONLY be sold at the break. It will be on a first come, first served basis. For more information click here.
The committee chairs are as follows:
Ellen – venue and caterer
Vicky – guest quilter
Sharon – banquet
Mary Catharine – quilt display
Jeannette – vendors
Adrienne – quilt challenge
Ginny Strey – treasurer
Maureen – printing
Christina Wakefield – demos
Cindy – guild booth
Laura – quilt registration
Lee & Reid – advertising
Cathy & Linda – volunteers
Give them a round of applause as the quilt show would not be happening without them!