Thunder Bay Quilter’s Guild
Superior Quilt Show
May 26, 27, 28, 2023
at the Canadian Lakehead Exhibition
Thunder Bay, Ontario
BUT the challenge is still happening!!
Quilt Show Challenge – Reflections
What does ‘reflections’ mean to you? Could it be our unique aurora borealis with its blue and green colours shimmering across the night sky? Possibly you see a reflection in a mirror or pond. We are looking forward to seeing your creations!
Once again Northcott Fabrics has graciously provided 3 bolts of fabric for our challenge. Each bolt has been divided into fat quarters and fat eighths bundles. All the fat quarters have been purchased and at this time only fat eights are available for $5 for a bundle of the three fabrics. Presently we are only selling one bundle per member but at the end of March if any fat eights are available extras can be purchased if required
Payment for the challenge fabric will be cash or etransfer only to Ellen Lang. Contact Ellen Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to arrange payment and coordinate pickup/delivery.
The challenge quilts will be displayed as part of the Grand Nations Crossroads fibre arts exhibition from July 13 – Sept 17, 2021 at the Thunder Bay Museum. Voting information to follow.
More details to follow but here are some highlights:
- Create a wall hanging or quilt that can be hung. The quilt must be quilted & bound.
- Maximum dimensions 36” x 36”.
- Must use all 3 challenge fabrics provided in the front of the quilt, not including the binding.
- The 3 challenge fabrics must be prominent in the quilt.
- Participants are encouraged to create an original design.
- Only use 3 additional fabrics to create your original design.
- Deadline for submission is April 30, 2021
- A hanging sleeve is required on the back to accommodate a dowel. Size information to follow.
Looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations.