Thunder Bay Quilters Guild
Superior Quilt Show
May 26, 27, 28, 2023
at the Canadian Lakehead Exhibition
Thunder Bay, Ontario
2023 Challenge – RUBY ANNIVERSARY
In 2021 the Thunder Bay Quilters Guild celebrated our 40th anniversary which is considered our ‘ruby’ anniversary. For the 2023 Superior Quilt challenge the committee has decided to celebrate this achievement.
Guess what colour the fabric is! Once again Northcott Fabrics has graciously provided three (3) bolts of fabric for our challenge. Each bolt has been divided into fat quarters and fat eighths and are now available for purchase. There is a limited amount of fat quarters and fat eighths available. It will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Fat quarters can be purchased for $10 and fat eights for $5. Payment for the challenge fabric will be cash only. The fabric bundles will be available for purchase at any library night, Vickers Heights sew days and any social that the Guild has. For out of town members please contact Ellen Lang for mailing options.
More details to follow but here are some highlights:
- Create a wall hanging or quilt that can be hung. The quilt must be quilted & bound.
- Maximum dimensions 36” x 36”.
- Must use all 3 challenge fabrics provided in the front of the quilt, not including the binding.
- The 3 challenge fabrics must be prominent in the quilt.
- Participants are encouraged to create an original design.
- Only use 3 additional fabrics to create your original design.
Deadline for submission is April 17, 2023. Looking forward to seeing your creations