Thunder Bay Quilter’s Guild
Superior Quilt Show
re-schedule to May 26, 27, 28, 2023
at the Canadian Lakehead Exhibition
Thunder Bay, Ontario
BUT the challenge is still happening!!
Quilt Show Challenge – Reflections
What does ‘reflections’ mean to you? Could it be our unique aurora borealis with its blue and green colours shimmering across the night sky? Possibly you see a reflection in a mirror or pond. We are looking forward to seeing your creations!
Once again Northcott Fabrics has graciously provided 3 bolts of fabric for our challenge. Each bolt has been divided into fat quarters and fat eighths and are now available for purchase.
NEW – The challenge quilts will be displayed as part of the Grand Nations Crossroads fibre arts exhibition from July 13 – September 17, 2021 at the Thunder Bay Museum. Voting information to follow.
There is a limited amount of fat quarters and fat eighths available. It will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Fat quarters can be purchased for $10 and fat eights for $5. Payment for the challenge fabric will be cash or e-transfer only to Ellen Lang. Contact Ellen email@example.com if you are interested to arrange payment and coordinate pickup/delivery.
More details to follow but here are some highlights:
- Create a wall hanging or quilt that can be hung. The quilt must be quilted & bound.
- Maximum dimensions 36” x 36”.
- Must use all 3 challenge fabrics provided in the front of the quilt, not including the binding.
- The 3 challenge fabrics must be prominent in the quilt.
- Participants are encouraged to create an original design.
- Only use 3 additional fabrics to create your original design.
- Deadline for submission is April 19, 2021.
Looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations.